I’m a designer and researcher with over 20 years experience leading design teams and working on high profile projects with well-known names including the Co-op, the UK Government, Pearson, and The Guardian.
My work helps organisations translate their aspirations and the needs of their customers, consumers and citizens into highly usable, compelling digital products and services that people enjoy using.
- I believe in getting in front of end-users early, and often
- I love collaboration with other designers, researchers and developers
- I enjoy working in agile and lean environments
- I love working in code
I’ve held leadership positions as:
- Head of Interaction Design at the Home Office
- Head of Digital Design at The Co-op
- Interim Head of Design at HM Revenue and Customs
- Interaction Design Director at Method
- Head of Consulting at Precedent
Since 2019, I’ve worked as an independent designer and I am part of the Public Digital network.
In 2013, I wrote Interviewing for research, a pocket guide to design research, with independent imprint Five Simple Steps.